In 2021, as part of a piece of informal research into resilience and reinvention, I will be setting in play a dialogue project with as highly diverse a range of people around the world as possible. With economies challenged, the pandemic still rife, businesses folding and jobs threatened, resilience, reimagining and reinvention are the qualities and skill-set we all need.
In particular, I am interested in the following discussion topics:
- how people cope with or resolve a sense of stuckness and create mindset and mental toughness strategies
- how women in business of any age are staying resilient and/or reinventing their careers
- how the 50+ working generation build resilience and/or reinvention into their career path to ensure the sustainability of their working lives
- how the marketing communications community views resilience and reinvention
- how people reimagine or reinvent their lives – on a personal and working level
“Resilience is the quality that was summoned by us by all the challenges of 2020. It is also the quality that’s going to carry us forward into 2021 .. It’s about bouncing forward and using adversity as a catalyst to get better and become stronger”.
Arianna Huffington, 2020
I anticipate that these short micro-dialogues will be around 20 minutes in length and would take place via Zoom, Skype or WhatsApp. The aim would be to explore questions of specific interest from the list outlined above and, ultimately, to shape the responses into a larger piece of research.